Friday, October 2, 2009

One Last Hoorah.....And many Adventures too!

I decided kinda last minute ( like 2 weeks ago) that I wanted to take the kids to the beach one last time before the weather got too cold to swim...We found a place and headed south! It was fun to watch Jack walking around on the beach, he loved it! I am glad to see that my children have the same love for the beach as I do....I will ALWAYS have someone to go with me, Ha! Trey said he wanted to go "surfing" so I went out and bought a cheap body board....which he thought was a real surfboard and LOVED it! I helped him get on it and he would ride it all the way to shore...I enjoy seeing him try new things. As I was helping him get on the board for about the tenth time, I look over and about had a HEARTATTACK! I see about 10 feet from us a FIN sticking out of the water, yes a FIN....now let me remind you that I am in water no deeper than my thighs...I grab Trey and go sprinting out of the water Baywatch style...(sorry for the visual, ha!)...Indeed people walking on the beach had seen the shark too...It turns out there were TWO of them. An older couple informed us that they were nurse sharks and wouldn't harm us....WHATEVER, a shark is a shark and I don't want me or my kids swimming next to it! Anyway, that was a first for me to see a shark in person at the beach...and swimming that close to us, scary! But Trey had a great story to tell when he got back to preschool the next week!
Me and my boys....waiting for the Auburn game to get out of Rain delay....
Fun on the beach...please note the top right picture...Parker and Jack fighting over the sand bucket...
The kids loved going to the Hangout...a new restaraunt in Gulf Shores...Mainly they liked it for the HUGE sand pile they got to play in outside of it...even baby Jack attempted to climb it. and Yes, that's Parker looking at the sailboat ..Naked....long story, but I thought it was a good picture.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: